Learning Loss or Accelerate Learning?
How do we accelerate learning? During the pandemic, students learned things differently and in a different structure than educators were used to.
Some things to keep in mind as we move forward:
- Even before the pandemic, students were learning online.
- Students are digital natives. A majority of students across the U.S. use or know how to use digital devices.
- Many of the resources educators were made aware of will continue to be useful even after the return of face-to-face services.
- You can make, develop and maintain relationships with students online.
- Online learning provides ways to help students feel comfortable and thus be more receptive to learning.
- Some kids learn better via independent study versus being forced to attend a brick and mortar school.
- Online therapy allows for greater access to therapists. If you live in a location with few therapists, online therapy can help you easily overcome this problem.
If you aren’t sure what to do about the coming year, talk to our founder Janet Courtney about it. You can schedule a time to speak with Janet by clicking here.